Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Salvation is Created: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What's a word that describes your life? A word you wish described your life?

The word stagnant comes to mind to describe my present life.  I know, whaah, whaah.  But, try to understand.  When my life was stagnant before, there was no hope of it being any different.  Now, I see so many missed opportunities--places to go, people to meet, activities in which to participate.  Having no car for more than 3 months is a pain in the...well you get the idea.

The word I wish described my life?  Thriving.  Again, I wish I weren't the poster child for how not to live your life.

Back in my day _____________________?
  • Music didn't sound like it was "written by an appliance" as Greg Proops would say.
  • Parents said "no" to their children and meant it.  We didn't die from hearing it.
  • I was the TV remote.
  • Eating at the table as a family was part of everyday life...not a special occasion (unless it was Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter of course).
  • Kids old enough to know better than to eat soap didn't eat soap.  Or, if they did, their parents didn't blame the soap company; they blamed their goofy son/daughter.

When it comes to takeout are you more likely to opt for Italian, Mexican, or Chinese food? Does a typical week at your house include takeout?

A typical week does not include takeout (thank you, Dave Ramsey).  On the rare occasion I do opt for takeout, it's Mexican food from Chipotle although Asian food from Tokyo Joe's runs a close second.  Hey, they're within walking distance of work.

Think about the people you most respect. What is it about them that earned your respect?
  • They admit when they are wrong.
  • They command respect rather than demand it.
  • Even if they are in authority, they still treat others with equal respect.
  • I respect those who are more talented and prosperous than I.  That is, if they aren't butts about it.
  • If anyone has higher rank than I do, their rank is respected.  Best not disrespect someone who has the power to make major decisions about my life.

What's something your friends might see and say is 'so you'?

No, I'm not going to play the White and Nerdy video again...but I could.

You know, I really don't know how to answer that.  In my present environment, anything remotely Southern would be "me" I guess.

Help me out here, Mrs. Joyce...

Insert your own random thought here.


Thinking of home today.
This piece is called Salvation is Created
Happy Easter, Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment