Friday, March 23, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Routine"




The frustration of not being able to establish routines is immense.  After being in my apartment since November, it still looks like I'm a broke college kid just scraping by.  Not being able to travel on my own schedule prevents me from establishing much needed routines.  There's places I need to go and purchases I need to make, but being at the mercy of someone else's schedule, or, Lord help, the weedwagon makes the task tedious at best, and impossible at worst.  Plus, makeshift, jury-rigged routines are getting old.

But this too shall pass...

I look forward to establishing:
  • A varied but solid exercise routine.
  • A cleaning schedule.
  • Routinely serving at church.
  • Having set days for certain things:  grocery shopping, visiting friends, etc.
You get the idea.

I'll get there somehow.

6 comments:

  1. I must ask - what is the weedwagon? I'm going to google it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Googling it won't help. :)

      The Weedwagon is my name for RTD-Denver's public transportation. It never fails that 99% of time I ride the bus, at least one person reeking of marijuana gets on. The smell is enough to knock a buzzard off a gut wagon! I've grown very tired of riding two hours on the bus to church, only to enter the sanctuary smelling like weed, booze, and cigarettes. Plus, using this conveyance means it take 3x as long to go anywhere. Yep, I need a car.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like Weedwagon is an appropriate nickname! I hate walking out of someplace reeking of somebody else's funk. Yuck.
      FMF #63

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness - I didn't think of that since marijuana is not legal in Alabama. When I was a child, we had to ride the city bus often but I haven't ridden in many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the joys of moving to a weed-legal state. **eye roll**

      Delete
  3. Oh, the exercise routine! I try and try, and it eludes me. Heavy sigh.
    FMF #63

    ReplyDelete