Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Love is in the Tub: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
When's the last time you had a heart to heart talk with someone? A change of heart? Experienced figurative 'heart failure?'

I have frequent heart to heart talks with my mentor.  It's been way too long since we've had a deep conversation, and I'm in desperate need for one.  Time to set up an appointment.

Champagne, chocolates, flowers...what's your Valentine pleasure? Any special plans for the day?

Since I don't have a significant other (no, we're not going there), I had to really think of how to answer this question.  I don't have any special plans for today.  After work, I may just sit and give myself a manicure.  I would consider flowers a valentine's pleasure.  They don't have to come from a husband or boyfriend.  Flowers from any good friend would be nice.

Are you a hopeless romantic or do you fall more in the category of practical and pragmatic? What's a gesture you find romantic?

Aw heck, I don't know...wait, yes I do.  If someone thought this about me (and was willing to admit it), I'd find it wonderfully sweet and romantic.


Do you ask a lot of questions in life or are you pretty content with what you already know?

You ever hear of the group Naughty By Nature?  Well, I'm Nosey by Nature.  Both sides of my family are inherently nosy, so I come by it honestly.  I like to ask questions and I can't be content with what I already know.  To quote Socrates, "All I know is that I know nothing."  Some things I can take on face value or faith.  The rest?  I need to know.

Your favorite power ballad?


Purple Rain by Prince.
Skip to 1:10 for the start of the song.

Insert your own random thought here.
 
In last week's hodgepodge, Mrs. Joyce asked us what we could do to survive the mid-winter blahs.  Take more baths was on my list to attempt.  As I said, I have an apartment-grade bathtub, so I wasn't expecting much.  I tried it this weekend and it was actually quite nice.  It will be even better when I can get a waterproof pillow to lie back on and a few play pretties for the tub;  nice bubble bath, a scrubber for my back, a rubber ducky, some candles, you know, stuff like that. 

6 comments:

  1. Definitely the rubber ducky! I have one too. ❤️🙂🌸🌸💐💐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shannon, Hope you get that stuff to enhance a nice bath. Roll up a hand towel for temporary pillow until you can buy a waterproof one. I have a "need to know" mentality. I like to call it interested instead of nosy. Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my visit to your page. I used to have heart to heart talks with my mentor too, I really miss them. I think it's time to go for coffee.

    ReplyDelete