Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Secrets of Adulthood: The Weekly Hodgepodge



Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What keeps you blogging?

It's a combination of things.  While I don't share everything in a public space like a blog, I find writing very cathartic.  If that catharsis helps someone else, it's worth it to continue.  Blogging has also introduced me to new friends.  I will also keep blogging because it doesn't feel like I'm interfering in someone's life with what I share.  In other words, if someone doesn't want to hear what I have to say, they simply don't read it.  No one's offended or feels obligated. 

Some people like to travel in the winter months. Do you enjoy the beach in winter? According to Southern Living the best U.S. beach towns to visit this winter are-St Simons Island (Georgia), Hilton Head (South Carolina), Bald Head Island (North Carolina), Seaside (Florida), Bay St. Louis (Mississippi), Cape San Blas (Florida), South Padre Island (Texas), Folly Beach (South Carolina), Chincoteague (Virginia), Duck Key (Florida), Nags Head (North Carolina), and Fairhope (Alabama). Have you been to any of the towns listed (in any season)? Which on the list appeals to you most this winter? 

I've only been to the beach a few times, but to none of these locations.  Fairhope sounds like somewhere I'd visit when I get the chance to go home to Alabama.  Come to think of it, I need to go be a tourist in my own home state.  There so much about it I haven't seen.

What's a song you're embarrassed to know all the lyrics to? Are you really embarrassed or do just think you should be?


And yes, I still miss Davy Jones (1945-2012).

When you were a kid what's something you thought would be fantastic as an adult, but now that you're an adult you realize it's not all that fantastic?

Getting to eat what I want.  My parents were not strict about what we ate; we simply had very few choices.  The only food rule was that if we got it out of the refrigerator or cabinet, we had to eat it, not waste it.  Because it was expensive, junk food or fast food was something allowed only once in a while.  Being an adult who could buy what I wanted only added fire to my food addiction.  My choices are much better now, but I used to absolutely pistol whip myself with food.  Not fun.
 
Share a quote you hope will inspire you in 2018.

II Timothy 3:16-17 (NKJV) - All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Insert your own random thought here.

Speaking of the Monkees:  I know this song came out a couple of years ago, but it's become my new favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Hello from NH. I love your Bible quote. It is one of my favorites. There is no need to be embarrassed about liking the Monkee's. I enjoy several of their songs without shame or embarrassment.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm not really that embarrassed about it. I've loved the Monkees since their 80's revival when I was a teen.

      Delete