Monday, November 27, 2017

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 06: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Monday, November 27, 2017
 

Outside my window… Blue skies and temps in the low 70’s.  It seems that Colorado is having Alabama-type fall weather.

I am thinking…about how to slow down my thoughts and take things one day at a time.  Now that I'm settling into my own place, I have so many things I want to see and do.  I can't do them all in one day, so I don't know why I have to try to think about them all in one day. 

I am thankful
 
I’m thankful for a great day of worship and leaning God’s Word.

I’m thankful for God looking out for me once again.  Turns out my tire decided to start losing air after I parked at church.  I made it to Wal-Mart without incident.  I was hoping they could patch the tire, however, it was too damaged to patch. So, the Auntiemobile has a new right front tire, and I am safe and sound.

From the Workshop…I now have a table upon which I can work, so you should be seeing some finished projects in the coming weeks.   I did print a few samples of one of my Christmas cards.

 
I am reading

Reduce Me to Love by Joyce Meyer
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Over the Top by Zig Ziglar

Books I’ve completed since my last Daybook:

The Last Bus to Albuquerque by Lewis Grizzard
The Women of Christmas by Liz Higgs.  The review is here 

I am learning
  • How to put together various pieces of IKEA furniture.
  • How to use the washer and dryer in my apartment complex more efficiently so I'll have clean AND dry clothes.
  • Still learning where things are in my new town.  I'll be doing that for a WHILE.  Thank you, GPS.

Favorite quote(s) of the week
 


I am looking forward to
  • Volunteering at the Christmas Shop on Saturday.  This is a ministry through my church that buys and collects money for brand new toys, sets up a huge Christmas shop, and sells the toys at pennies on the dollar to needy families.  This gives a good Christmas to the children and maintains the dignity of the parents.
  • Celebrating Advent.  I've not successfully celebrated the Advent season before, but this year I have help.  My boss gave me an advent devotional that not only has readings, but guidelines for celebrating.
  • JSU’s Saturday afternoon playoff game vs. Kennesaw State.  #FearTheBeak
 
And now for something totally different

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Familiar.


 


From Facebook:

 

2 comments:

  1. I made a playlist of Advent music last year if you'd like to have something to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5wmFi9sfA&list=PLmYHsy83cKzPg4fxYwfK8ZVPjvtTi7BnP

    One of the women at my church organized the assembling of an Advent devotional and we all got copies today. I'm really looking forward to reading some of the stories in there. (I was one of the contributors.)

    ReplyDelete