Sunday, August 27, 2017

Not-So-Starving Artist: Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, August 27, 2017
 

Outside my window  A sunny day in the mid 80's.  Unfortunately, I'm nursing a sinus headache today.  It's starting to ease up, so I may get outside before sunset.

I am thinking...  about where to take Auntie's Workshop from here.  I know I'll have more opportunities when I've learned my new town more and get settled into a new job.  At present, I'm working on a gift for someone, but I've got ideas for items to sell and techniques to try.

On that note, I'm also processing a webcast I just watched on Michael Hyatt's Facebook page.  He interviewed author Jeff Goins about his new book Real Artists Don't Starve.  He talks about research that shows that a "starving" artist is a state a mind--not an inevitable reality.  I've added Goins' book to my Amazon wish list.

I'm also thinking about the type of job I want and how to go about getting it.  I have experience with, and enjoy doing, so many good things.  I'm very marketable; I just need to find my niche.

I am thankful...  for the good walks I've started taking in the mornings.  I knew I needed to get moving, so I decided that until I have to change my schedule, I'm going to take a good walk to start my day.  It took a while, but I have regained my energy.  I'm back up to walking a couple of miles at a stretch.  After a bit, I'll bump it back up to three.  Hopefully, I'll be back to running again soon.  I miss it.
 
From the Workshop... OK, so the crochet project I thought I would have finished by this week is finished, but I don't like the size of it; it's too small.  I'm going to add to it to make it more to the size of my liking.  Hopefully, I can show it to you next daybook.

I am reading...

Currently off the shelf (among the pile):

Talk to Me by Lynette Hagin. 
I'm back to my Bible Correspondence Course.


Now I'm number 26 on the waiting list.
 
Books I've finished since my last Daybook:
  • Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon   My review is here.
  • The Finishing Touch by Charles R. Swindoll.  My review is here.
  • I May Be Wrong, But I Doubt It by Charles Barkley.  I haven't reviewed it yet.  I know. I know.  I'll post it as soon as I can.

I am learning... to drive in my new locale.  It's weird.  I drove over 1400 miles with nerves of steel...for the most part.  Everything that came my way, I had confidence that God and His angels were there, and I was well taken care of.  Now, I get shaky at the thought of driving two or three miles down the road to Wal-Mart.  It's insane.  Today's drive to church was better, but still...

I am looking forward to...  attending my next church service.  I worshipped at Colorado Community Church this morning and it was great. The worship was very God-honoring and the Scripture-centered message refreshed my soul.  I'm not sure if this is where God wants me to stay, but for now, I'll keep going back.

And now for something totally different...

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Guide

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about doing BookLook Bloggers? It's Zondervan's blogging review program... Anyway, they have "Real Artists Don't Starve" as an option right now.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the website, they're not taking applications right now. Plus, part of the criteria is to have at least 30 followers to your blog. Most of my crew doesn't follow by e-mail, so it shows that I only have three followers when in fact, I have many more who follow by Facebook, Goodreads, and Twitter. Maybe when they take applications again, they can make an exception?

      Delete