Friday, August 25, 2017

Five Minute Friday: "Guide."



Let your conscience be your guide.
Guidance counselor.
User's guide.
Guide dog.
Guidebook.

Psalm 32:8 - I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

I am in definite need of guidance and community.  I'm in a new place with new people, looking for a new church, new job, and my own place to stay.  The good news is that there are plenty of churches, jobs, and safe neighborhoods to choose from.  Still, which is the best fit for me?  What is God's perfect will for me?

Last week, our prompt reminded me of how what I say affects others.  This week, I think about how I live my life may be a guide to others.  I've spent a long time being an example of how not to do life.  I believe this fresh start will be a better guide to learn from.  No, I'm not setting myself up as some kind of guru or role model, but we all are examples to others of some element of life.
-----
Prompts provided by Mrs. Kate over at Five Minute Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Shannon, as you deal with all the "new" in your life. May you be renewed in the power of the Holy Spirit! I love the verse you used for this post, too! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of new things all at once! Praying that God will show you the way to the right church, job and place to stay, and that you'll be confident of him with you, guiding you. Visiting from FMF #13.

    ReplyDelete