Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Down With Mimi: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Has your April been filled with showers? Do you carry an umbrella, wear a slicker, or make a run for it? Besides rain, what else has filled your April?

We're still recovering from last year's draught, so any rain was welcome.  For the most part, I simply make a run for it.  I've usually got too much to carry to add an umbrella to the pile. 

April was better than March, but it was still too rough a month. 

What's something you could you give a 30-minute presentation on at a moment's notice and with zero preparation?

Beginning crochet. 

Share with us a favorite food memory from childhood.

As a child, I used eating as a coping mechanism, so I don't think I can give a good answer to the question.

What's a song you thought you knew the lyrics to, but later discovered you were wrong?

Are you kidding?  Wrong lyrics are my specialty.  Do you know how long it took me to decipher the line "smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy" in the song Uptown Funk?  When I don't understand the lyrics, I either mumble through or make up something that fits, whether it makes sense or not.

OK, don't be offended, but when I was about four or five and heard the song Amazing Grace for the first time, my mind interpreted the lyrics as such:

Amazing grapes
How sweet the sop
that saved a witch like me.
I was the lost
but now I'm fount
mumble, mumble, I see.

Take that, John Newton! 

According to one travel website, the most overrated tourist attractions in America are- Niagara Falls (NY), Hollywood Walk of Fame (California), Times Square (NYC), Epcot (FL), Seattle Space Needle (WA), and Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market (Boston). How many of these have you seen in person? Did you feel like a tourist? Did you care? Tell us about a place (not on the list) you've visited that might be considered a tourist trap, but you love it anyway.

I've not been to any of these, however, I would love to see them and be as touristy as possible.

Your signature clothing item?

Black pants.  I hardly wear any other color of trousers.

What's an experience you've had you think everyone should experience at least once? Why?

Several:
  • The experience of salvation through Jesus Christ.  Why?  It not only eternally impacts the sweet by and by, but it impacts the rotten here and now.
  • A JSU Marching Southerners Halftime show.  Then you'd know why many of us would rather see the band than the talking heads during televised football games.
  • Seeing the entirety of the Chief Ladiga Trail.  Just gorgeous.
Insert your own random thought here.

Joyce is usually really good at finding celebratory days to focus on during our hodgepodge.  Well, today is Administrative Professionals / Secretaries Day.  I want to give a shout out to all my fellow Administrative Professionals.  Whether anyone else knows it or not, we aren't soulless automatons who type, file our nails, and make coffee all day.  Please don't use Mimi Bobeck from The Drew Carey Show as your secretarial template.  We are much, much more.  I wish more people knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment