Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Sense and Sensibility: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Come on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


What would you say is your strongest sense?
My hearing.  My friends tease me that I can hear a rat pee on cotton across a field. 
Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Why or why not?
Not exactly.  I think the Holy Spirit makes us privy to things.
When do you most feel like a slave to time? Explain.
We had this question back in 2013, but the answer is still the same:  At church.  I want to fellowship with and get to know my church family but with worship practice, rushing out of Sunday school to get ready to play, and everyone else rushing off with their families as soon as the last "amen" is said, I become a slave to their time.  Sorry, but a quick, "Hey, how are you?  How's ya' mama 'nem?" isn't cutting it.
Have you ever worked in a restaurant? How would you rate the experience? If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be?
One summer, I worked at the now defunct Hardee's in Piedmont, Alabama.  I never felt like I did a good job and didn't enjoy what I did.  I would never own a restaurant.  A coffee house or a bed and breakfast?  Maybe.
Ever traced your family tree? Share something interesting you learned there.
Nah.  My friend Ginny's husband, Don, is really into Genealogy and found an old school record of my father's online.  Nothing new, but neat to see.  I'm not sure tracing my family tree is possible.  Records were very poorly kept, if at all, in the poorer black communities my parents lived in.  I think if I could trace it, the findings would prove to be very depressing.
What did your childhood bedroom look like?
We lived in the projects.  All the rooms were painted with an ugly lime green and the floors were white linoleum tiles that were nearly impossible to keep clean. It did have a double window, so it was bright (when I opened the shades).
Anyone who knows me knows I love_______________________?
Books.
Insert your own random thought here.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all.  And, as always, thank you so much for reading.  You don't know what it means to me that you actually read this stuff.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment