Sunday, October 23, 2016

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 2016 - 23: "Blowout"


Blowout - Definition 6 (slang) a lavish party or entertainment.

GO!  

I know I talk a lot about wanting my own house, but I think it's something most of us who've not yet experienced it long for.

The day the papers are signed and the closing is complete, Auntie is having a blowout (probably several).  I'm not waiting around for someone else to decide to throw me a housewarming party, I'm inviting over my friends and we're going to party like it's 1999.  I'm going to meet my new neighbors and throw a neighborhood block party.  I'm talking jumpy castles for the kids and everything.

OK, maybe that's overkill, but you get the point.

I don't care if there's no furniture in my new house and the yard looks like an okra patch, I'm going to celebrate!

STOP!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! We had a housewarming a week after we moved in. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete