Friday, October 21, 2016

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 2016 - 21: "Park"



GO!  

When I read the prompt, two trains of thought ran through my mind.

The first is how beautiful parks are.  Around here, there are several great parks where the kids can play and the grown ups can relax.  Just bring you some toilet paper...and a shovel.

Another thought was the verb "park."  How much of my life have I parked and never taken out of the driveway again?  Lots.  In my quest to be more proactive in my life, I've still put too much on hold.  Fear, doubt, anger, all of this has put me in "park." 

Yeah, it seems obvious, but a life in park doesn't go anywhere anymore than a car in park does.

But what do I do?  I don't need to slam it into reverse and head back there again.  Neutral only makes me coast wherever the momentum takes me--bad idea.  No matter which drive gear I chose, I will still be going forward.  I think it was Michael Hyatt who said in life we can both walk and run as long as were going forward.  I think he's right.

Let's get it out of park and drive!

STOP!

4 comments:

  1. Right on! Great message! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good prospective - parked, for me too many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and even when you try to put it in "drive" fear sets in and tries to park it all over again.

      Delete