Sunday, October 2, 2016

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 2016 - 02: "Paint"



GO!  

I've been painting since 1998.  I enjoy the giddy excitement of opening a new blank canvas or pulling off a new sheet of watercolor paper.  The creative possibilities are endless.

My favorite compositions are of still life, particularly flowers.  My paintings are but mere amateur copies of the Creator's genius. 

God's creation
My copy of His creation
Some of my most peaceful times are when it's just me, the sounds of my favorite music and of my brush grazing across the canvas, and my mind settling down to focus on nothing but strokes of color--my version of coloring in a blanket fort.

STOP!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is stunning!!! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us, words and paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading. I usually blog about my art on my sister blog; Auntie's Workshop. Take a gander over there if you'd like.

      Delete