Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Double Dip: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Come on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


I've been on social media hiatus/sabbatical for the last month.  I know this line of questions is from July, but Joyce isn't going to do another hodgepodge until next week.  I was anxious to get back in the swing of things, so I've got to work with what I have.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why?
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)

I think I'd give it a five.  Some things about this summer have been good:  I've been at the YMCA for a year now.  I've made some improvements to my health that I'm very pleased with.  Plus, I attended my first Braves game.  However, there are things about the summer that haven't been so pleasant:  I'm used to hot Southern summers, but this one has been so oppressively hot and humid that I've not spent much time outside to walk, ride, or enjoy the scenery.  I'm hoping to spend a lot of time outdoors during the fall.  Though I've made some more positive changes to my health, my energy still isn't up to par.  I hope it's just the heat and not something more serious. 
July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).
I'm not very close to any of my Aunts and Uncles.  I've been an Auntie since birth--really, my sister Laura Dale had her oldest child before I was born. I have so many good memories of my nieces, nephews, grand nieces, and grand nephews; it's hard to pick a favorite.  The first one I thought of was when my grand nephew, Ferendez, and his younger sister, Makayla, used to spend a lot of time with me.  Our favorite thing to do is to ride in the car singing Veggietales songs at the top of our lungs.  If you've every heard the them to Veggietales, you know there's a line that says "broccoli, celery, gotta be...Veggietales!"  Well, the kids were only 3 and not quite a year old, so it came out "BROCKAEE, BROCKAEE, BROCKAEE, VEGGIETALES!"  By the way, they are 20 and almost 18 now and will probably have a cow that I told that story
What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?
Dipped in chocolate:  Caramel, nougat,  and peanuts (also known as a Snicker's bar).  Dipped in cheese:  Tortilla chips.
When were you last astonished by something? Explain.
I'm astonished by the laziness and stupidity of people nearly every day.
Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?
Pinterest board.
What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
The resurrection of Jesus.  That is where true freedom is found, where true love is displayed, where sin, sickness, and rejection are defeated, and where eternal life is secured.
If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
  • Tuskegee, Alabama
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Los Angeles, California
  • San Francisco, California
Insert your own random thought here.
Got a lot on my mind.  Too much to put here.  I enjoyed my break from the net, but I'm glad to be back, limited though it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment