Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Monkey in the Middle: The Weekly Hodgepodge

 Want to join the party?  Get your butt on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!



 
Tell us about a time you found yourself 'in the middle of nowhere'. Was this deliberate?
On the Ladiga Trail last week.  A friend and I rode the portion between Piedmont and the Georgia state line.  It's beautiful, but with miles of no houses, buildings, or places to potty, it's creepy.  There's also no cell service up their either, so I won't be doing that ride alone if I can help it.
What's something you're 'in the middle of' today or this week? 
Getting ready for YMCA summer camp.  We've got a load of new hires and new registrations to process.  All I've done is eat, work, and sleep the past few days. 
At what age do you think 'middle age' begins? What does it mean to be 'middle aged'? 
Middle age is really a matter of individual perspective.  Some people define middle aged differently. For some, it's a time to really get it together.  For others, it's a time to start picking a nursing home.  My feelings?  I agree with my friend and new running hero 77 year old Nancy Grace, "I'm never going to act my age, so the number doesn't matter anyway."
Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, pierogis, or a jelly donut...your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list? 
On the list:  Deviled eggs.  Not on the list:  Pizza rolls.
Albert Einstein is quoted as saying ''In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate. 
Sure, there's both good and bad opportunities.  I've got the choice as to which opportunity I'll take.  Sometimes I face so much adversity that I simply want to run away.  Yeah, I know that's not the answer and most times I suck it up and move on.
What's a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still?
In 1984, "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince came out.  It's still in my playlist.
May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered. 
Nope.
Insert your own random thought here. 
Can't think of anything, so I'll share a song that goes with the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment