Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Lose Your Quit Quest 26

Step 26:  Look into the future if you want to change today.

Wake up sleepy Jean.
Oh, what can it mean
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen
- Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
Written by John Stewart
 
 
Daydreaming isn't always a bad thing,  Daydreams can wake up the dormant dreams inside of us.  Daydreams can prepare us to take those newly awakened dreams and turn them into goals.  Daydreams can help us in the midst of our goals to not give up.
 
The 80's group Timbuk3 said, "the future's so bright I gotta wear shades."  No, our futures won't be perfect, but they can be exciting and fulfilling if we keep the dream going.
 
Sometimes we have to look into the future to avoid a pitfall.  At one of the lowest points in my life when all that surrounded me was darkness, I looked at the future.  That future wasn't pleasant.  The destructive mental and physical behaviors in my life were draining me of any hope for a good future.  Jeremiah 29:11 seemed like a pipe dream--words on paper that were for those other Christians.  My health was heading into the toilet and I was having too many symptoms I wasn't pleased with.  I saw where it was going, and I had to find a way to stop it.  I knew I couldn't start getting well on my own, so I contacted some trustworthy help.  I've been on the mend for several months and I feel much better.  No, I'm not where I want to be, but I'm definitely not where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment