Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Lose Your Quit Quest 20

Step 20:  Batch, batch, batch!

This step left me scratching my head:


Let's see, how can I apply batching to a fitness program?

Hmm...

Let's see...

Batch cooking:  I saw a post here about batch cooking that sounds like a winner.  Batch cooking involves cooking meals or the most complicated parts of a meal ahead of time to make daily meal preparation more streamlined.  I've done some of this before, but this gives me more ideas to try.

Batching exercises:  Many of the exercises I mentioned yesterday could be considered a batched workout.
  • Silver sneakers combines cardio, strength, coordination, and balance.
  • HITT combines cardio, endurance, and flexibility.
  • Kettlebell exercises batch endurance, strength, and core training...and when I do it, possibly first aid training (or at least drywall patching).
Batching Spiritual/Mental discipline:  The Daniel Plan, Weigh Down Diet, and First Place are all good examples of combining both the mental and spiritual.  Scripture tells us that dealing with both are necessary to total health (III John 3, I Thessalonians 5:23, Romans 12:1-2).

Batching Information:  I seriously need to put all my health paperwork in one book instead of having them scattered hither and yon.

Well, maybe there is something to this batching business.

No comments:

Post a Comment