Monday, April 18, 2016

Lose Your Quit Quest 18

Step 18:  Admit that balloons fly higher without anchors.

Ok, this is another one where clarification from the author would have been great, but we'll work with what we have.  I suppose this means that we should rid ourselves of anything that weigh us down and keep us from achieving our goals.  That sounds great on paper, but there are some anchors that we have no direct control over or that cannot be instantly removed.  Some anchors take time to dispose of.

Concerning this health quest, the majority of my anchors are mental rather than physical.  I've realized over the past couple of months that I'm physically stronger and more capable than I thought.  Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about my mental strength.  The things that tend to weigh me down are things like loneliness, social anxiety, depression, worrying about what others think, social media (yes, I said social media), and past hurts that just won't go away no matter what I do.  I'm doing the best I can to work out these issues, but I often wonder if I'll ever really be free and what drastic measures do I need to take for these burdens to lift.  For pitty's sake, I've been through seven years of recovery meetings, a couple of mentors, The Journey Training, a couple of Pastors, and several different books and trainings, and I'm still struggling.  What is it going to take to totally uproot these anchors, or at least lift them enough so that I can live a full life?

No comments:

Post a Comment