Friday, March 18, 2016

Five Minute Friday: "Surprise"

Our Mistress of Ceremonies for the Five Minute Friday is Kate over at Heading Home.  Hope you link up with us and join the fun.


GO! 

"What a pleasant surprise!"

That's what I want.

Surprises that bring joy instead of pain.  They don't have to be spectacular surprises; they can be perfectly ordinary.  I got one today.

From my Facebook page today:
Put this in the "God cares about the small stuff" category. Went to our Honduras yard sale and saw two boxes of the HP printer cartriges I use. A package with one color and one black normally costs around $80 (which is why I haven't printed anything for months). These were $4.00 altogether; one pack with one color and one black, the other with 3 black and 1 color. I put in the first pack; the color one worked, but the black one was dried out. Took a black one out of the other package. Boom! Working like a charm. Even if the other ones in the remaining package don't work, I've more than gotten my money's worth. So, whomever donated those THANK YOU!
How much joy it must bring the Father to give us glorious surprises in the mundane, a reason to dance where no one else sees one, smiling right at the center of a dadgum mess.  The Bible says that God answers prayers of faith so that our joy may be full (John 16:23-24).  I'm sure it makes His joy full for us as well.  Why?  because we are willing to ask for something small, only to be surprised by how big He answers.

STOP!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I want the good kind of surprises! A couple of years ago, that was my 'OneWord365' and I admit to being a little hesitant to embrace it - but God really did shower me with good surprises all year long! Great post!

    ReplyDelete