Friday, March 11, 2016

Five Minute Friday: "Share"

Our Mistress of Ceremonies for the Five Minute Friday is Kate over at Heading Home.  Hope you link up with us and join the fun.


GO! 

I've heard many ministers say that life shouldn't be done alone.

We're doing a series at church called "The Big Picture," where were are starting at the beginning at working through God's story--how he created the universe and all that He did to establish relationship with us, his family.

One thing that I've been thinking about is why did God make women. 

Hear me out.

Adam should have been perfectly fine with it being just him and God.  Perfect Father and sinless son, creating together, laughing together, fellowshipping in the "cool of the day."

Then there's Eve.

She screwed everything up.

I'm one of Eve's daughters.

So what does this have to do with the prompt, darling?

I'm getting to it.

Adam had God; he didn't need to share his life with anyone. 

Apparently God thought he did.

One of the secrets to a successful health journey (or any life journey for that matter) is to find you "why."  Those who've found it often relate it to someone significant they are sharing life with.  I want to get healthy for my wife/husband, kids, etc. 
 
STOP!


And I continue...

Pictures of happy families that would be even happier if said family member improved a necessary portion of his life plaster walls and Instagram accounts.

Who am I sharing life with?  How do I find a why in a life where I am no particular significance to anyone?  Sure, I'm funny, talented, and a hard worker, but what happens if that is threatened or disappears?  I can only share so much life online.  Who can I share life with face to face?

No comments:

Post a Comment