Friday, March 25, 2016

Five Minute Friday: "Alive"

Our Mistress of Ceremonies for the Five Minute Friday is Kate over at Heading Home.  Hope you link up with us and join the fun.


GO! 

I've watched many a weight loss story video.  All of them seem to carry the same theme:  All of the participants who have any success say the same thing, "I feel so alive.  I have my life back!"

Life back?

Back...which implies they had a life, lost it, then "got it back."

That's all well and dandy, but I've never seen anyone like me--one who's never had a "life" to "get back." 

I've not had many instances where I've felt truly alive.  Those few I've had were extremely short lived (no pun intended).  Either that, or I don't understand the criteria.

Yes, because of Christ's sacrifice, I will live forever with Him in heaven; I'd just kind of like to enjoy the trip more.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. - John 10:10

STOP!

4 comments:

  1. I deeply appreciate your honesty. Like you, I want to experience the abundant life that Jesus came for us to have, which is described in the Amplified Bible (John 10:10) as life "in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. Visiting from FMF. A joyous Resurrection season to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I both thought of the same verse when we read the FMF prompt. Abundant is my #oneword for 2016, and I chose this word because I want to remember and be thankful for the abundant blessings that God has given me. I hope you have a lovely weekend celebrating the resurrection.

    ReplyDelete