Saturday, February 13, 2016

Lent Photo A Day 04: "Empty"






















This plate is empty.  Earlier it was full to bursting with all kinds of good things.  Now, it is devoid of nourishing substance.  It is waiting to be cleaned and filled again.  This plate is like my heart.  It's is filled with all the good things of God, but "eaters" come with their forks and take pieces of what once filled my heart.  As I seek the Lord, He refills my heart with all that will totally nourish me.  Only when I try to nourish myself with that which does not satisfy do I feel as empty as this plate.

I come broken to be mended.
I come wounded to be healed.
I come desperate to be rescued.
I come empty to be filled.


My prayer for today:  Father God, you promised in your Word that you would satisfy out mouths with good things so that our youth is renewed like the eagle's (Psalm 103:5).  Thank you for offering that which satisfies the total man.  Thank you that your mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23)


No comments:

Post a Comment