Friday, January 29, 2016

Five Minute Friday: "Quiet"

Our Mistress of Ceremonies for the Five Minute Friday is Kate over at Heading Home.  Hope you link up with us and join the fun.


Ecclesiastes 4:6 - Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit.
 
GO! 

Trying to quiet the mind in the midst of inner chaos is tough.  I've got new responsibilities at work and turning my mind off at night is a struggle right now.  Stress is disturbing my quiet.
 
I love the quiet of riding on the trail.  Just the sound of the wind going by my ears and the chain going through the gears is relaxing.
 
I seek more quiet in my life.  More quiet reading, writing, crocheting, and painting where the blessed sounds of creation are the only break in the peaceful serenity.  I long for pockets of quiet meditation.
 
STOP!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Auntie! It's hard for me to turn off my mind at night sometimes, too. :) But when sleep finally comes, it is sweet. Quiet is such a gift, because it is in the quiet that we hear most clearly. Blessings to you! - Tasha (Your FMF neighbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I can't turn my mind off, my sleep is not always sweet.

      Delete