Sunday, January 24, 2016

Cry it Out, Sugar: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, January 24, 2016
 

Outside my window  This is all I can say:


I am thinking...   My mind has been a cacophony of extreme highs and  lows.  The depression bug has bitten me once again, and I'm fighting to keep from succumbing to it's icy grip.  I've been exhausted and on the verge of tears for more a week.  This is one of those times where I cannot pinpoint where the melancholy is coming from.  There's no event to send me spiraling downward.  My only guess is the cold, dreich weather and the need for some outside time.  Tomorrow's forecast calls for sunny skies and about 55 degrees.  Hopefully, I can get out on the trail for some sun and fresh air.

I am thankful...  for God's provision, for a good mechanic, and for a weekend off to get some rest.

From the Workshop...  Still working on my WIP's.

I am reading...  Still working on the selections I posted earlier.  I'm finishing up Exodus in the Bible. 

I am learning... some new duties on my job.

Favorite quote(s) of the week:

“'Winners never quit!' Yes they do, they regularly quit doing stupid stuff." - Dave Ramsey
 
I am looking forward to...  SPRING!

One of my favorite things:  Bigelow's Constant Comment Black Tea.  I still like Twinnings Earl Grey, but this is some good tea also.

A peek into my days:

Went to Anniston Runners Club's annual banquet last night.  I was a ball of nerves all day, but went anyway.  Being the biggest girl in the room, I was extremely self conscious.  I felt like a Clydesdale in a room full of thoroughbred race horses.  My picture from the dinner was horrid, so I'll not share it here.  I did get my Mile-A-Day socks, but the elite runners were the stars of the show--they are who the banquet was for.  If I can't get myself together this year, I'll not embarrass myself or the club again and simply pick up my socks from the coordinator.


And now for something totally different...
 
Workout of the Week:  I didn't get to try the Pound class because of schedule changes, so I'll make another attempt at it this week.
 
From Twitter: @MarshallRamsey tweeted:  "The white stuff falling out of the sky is called 'mind-control flakes'. They are designed to lower a driver's IQ by 90%."

From Twitter:  @ChrchCurmudgeon tweeted:  "A month ago, there was hoarding of food and not leaving the house every Saturday. But that was football. #snowmaggedon2016"

From Twitter:  @RickReuer tweeted: "@DaveRamsey Winning Powerball Numbers:

From Facebook: Nerdgasm shared:








 
From Facebook:  S.Fagan shared:
 
  
Five Minute Friday Word of the WeekPresent

Scripture of the week

Hebrews 5:13-14 - For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (King James Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment