Sunday, October 18, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 18: "Worth"


Matthew 10:31 (NIV) - So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
 
GO!  


"So what's it worth to you?"

"You ain't worth a plug nickel."

"He ain't worth the spit it would take to cuss him out!"

How does one live a worthwhile life after decades of being told he is worthless?  How does one just switch on the "I am worth it" valve and simply cheer up and go on?  Is this possible?

Worth equals value.  How can I find value in a world and church culture that only values women who are wives and moms?  Yeah, dead horse I know, but this has to be resolved if I am ever going to be more in this life than a burden to others.

Christ's blood paid for my worth, but how do I show my thanks?  How do I make a worthwhile life that makes Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."?

How do I make myself worth anyone's time or effort?

How does one who is worthless create worth?

STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment