Saturday, October 17, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 17: "Offer"


II Samuel 24:24 - And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the Lord my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
 
GO!  


In her post on this prompt, our leader asked the question "What do you have to offer?"  Granted, I've never met her and don't know much about her, but I picture her surrounded by her husband and kids snidely asking me that question with her pointed finer giving the "co-dependent handshake."

As if I have nothing to offer because no one is calling me "mommy"...

I have plenty to offer, but how to offer it is a different story.  Just as King David said he wouldn't give God that which cost him nothing, I realize that having something worthwhile to offer is costly.  I want to be able to pay that cost, thought right now, I don't know how.  Though the darkness tries to shut it out, I still want to do what it takes.

Over the years I've been given a lot of useful craft supplies, mostly yarn.  Most of it comes for those who die before they finish their projects.  I don't want to do that.  I want to finish everything before I leave this earth.  I don't want to die with an idea untried, a book unwritten, a speech unmade, or closets full of yarn, paints, and fabric untouched.  When God asks me what I did with what He gave me, I don't want to say, "Well, Lord, You gave me a lot of great ideas, but I didn't finish much.  But hey, I did leave it for someone else to finish."

STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment