Sunday, August 23, 2015

Smile and Wave: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, August 23, 2015
 

Outside my window …  To quote The Southern Women Channel, "It's hotter than a Billy goat's butt in a pepper patch."

I am thinking...  

I'm wondering what the Sam Hill I was thinking to attempt Zumba again.  For those of you who don't know, I've had a hate/hate relationship with Zumba. I've read articles, tried DVD's, and went to three different "instructors."  All produced the same results--frustration.  Bless her heart, the Zumba guru at work tried her best.  Call me stupid, but I still need someone to explain what we're doing (thus the term "instructor") instead of jumping right in and hoping I'll catch on.  Is it OK for me to say that a workout just isn't for me without feeling guilty?

On the upside, I thought of some T-shirt slogans while I was marching in place wondering what the heck we were doing:

I run because I suck at Zumba.
 
Zumba is the Common Core Mathematics of the fitness industry.
 
No Quiero Zumba.
 
Zumba:  Producing Depression Since 2001

Which one do you like most?  Let me know in the comments section, you might see it on a shirt in the coming weeks.

I am thankful...  for God's mercies that are new every morning. 

In the kitchen... OK, so I was going to get back to my A-Z challenge and stomach ugly hit...
 
From the Workshop...






















This is my second mini blanket for the World's Largest Christmas Stocking project.  I was inspired by a photo from the Crochet Crowd's Facebook page.  A member had made something similar without a pattern.  I traced it out on graph paper and made a mini version of it.  I plan to make another larger one in baby colors.

Sorry the photo is blurry, but just as I was taking the picture, my digital camera died.  I thought it was the batteries, but no, it's dead, Jim.  So I took this with my laptop's built-in webcam; not an easy task.  I'll have to go on the hunt for an inexpensive digital camera soon.

I Am Reading...  Finished Secrets of Becoming a Late Bloomer by  Connie Goldman and Richard Mahler.  The review is here
 
I am looking forward to...  cooler weather, bike rides on the trail and the worship team fellowship next Sunday. 
 
I am learning… that in general I don't know what I'm doing.



Around the house...   I moved my writing table to a more inviting area of my bedroom.  I'd show it to you, but alas, my camera is dead.
 
A favorite quote (or two) for today... 

"L. A. public pools don't have lifeguards-[they] have life coaches. If they see you struggling in the water, they say, 'Are you happy with the decisions you're making?' and give you a pamphlet for a yoga studio. - Craig Ferguson

"Brown paper towels are like biscuits made with shortening and sweet milk; they don't sop up nothin'." - Auntie's Musings

"Discipleship happens in the everyday moments of life." - Pastor Zack Casey

One of my favorite things...  Favorite flower:  Rose

 

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Reorganizing my section of the office and my craft area, washing the car (yeah, I know), going to a worship team fellowship on Sunday.
 
And now for something totally different...
 
NEW!
CHAMPION MOMENT
These moments may seem small to others, but they mean something to me.  They may relate to health, major accomplishments, or just conquering something in life altogether. 
 
This week, I finished 365 miles of walking/running.  Last year it took me all year to reach mile-a-day status.  So now let's see what the rest of the year holds.
 
 
From Twitter:  @b0ringtweets tweeted: "I'm going to Jigsaw Club tonight, and before you all ask me what the first rule of Jigsaw Club is, it's work from the outside in."
 
From Twitter:  @GregBQuotes tweeted:  "I can normally work through anything, and get it down…I tried Grape Nuts one time and I had to spit 'em out." #cereal
 
From Twitter:  @WomenSouthern tweeted:  "Today's southern philosophy: Ailments and happiness both get bigger if ya keep tellin' folks about them."
 
From Facebook:  Quilters Block of the Month shared:
 


From Twitter:  @JeffBryanDavis  tweeted:  "Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down." -- guy who doesn't know how bridges or similes work.

From YouTube:

2 comments:

  1. "Zumba is the Common Core Mathematics of the fitness industry" - bwah hah hah!!! Nearly spit soda out my nose with this one!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete