Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Move Along: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
I moved from JackVegas to Weaver last year.  I covered the ordeal (among other things) in last year's 30 Day Photo Blog.  While I'm thinking about it, I may do another one of those soon next year.  Anyway.  I packed what few belongings I had into milk crates and laundry baskets and transported them in myself, save a couple of furniture pieces that absolutely would NOT fit in my car.  Thank God for friends with pickup trucks and skills with spatial relations.  I'm staying put for the moment, but I still have hopes of moving into my own house (preferably in California but that's God's call).  Weaver is a beautiful small town, plus I have the convenience of living only about a mile from the Chief Ladiga Trail.  My least favorite part about moving is not being able to do it the right way with proper packing boxes and such.  Well, there's always next time.
When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
Unfortunately, it was out of anger.  I didn't direct it at anyone, but I did cry.  I had a crisis come up that I couldn't handle at the time.  I don't know how well I'm handling it now, but I have to go on.
Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
I would have rules about eating in the car if I had children.  The last thing I ate in the car was a pack of peanuts and some iced tea.  I don't really have a go-to car snack, but I do like to keep something to drink handy (water, tea, juice, etc).
Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving
Several come to mind:  Little Red Corvette by Prince, Pink Cadillac by Natalie Cole, Freeway of Love by Aretha Franklin, Get Out of My Dreams (Get Into My Car) by Billy Ocean, and Drive by the Cars.  Here's one that might surprise you.  When I was kid, I really liked this one.
 
What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
Though I'm doing much better about this, I would say Sonic.
"He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
It depends on the reason for the hesitation.  If it's because something doesn't feel right or one wants to pray and get wise counsel, then I'd say that I don't agree with the statement.  If it's a matter of being wishy-washy and unable to make decisions, then I'd say that statement holds true.  For me, I fall into the first category most.  I occasionally can't make a decision and miss out on something good.
When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
Let's just put it this way, I hate being lost.  It is never an unexpected happy adventure.  How does being late and scared out of your gourd qualify as a happy adventure?
Insert your own random thought here.
Got a lot going on, not all of it good, but God is faithful.  I will come out on top.

6 comments:

  1. You listed a lot of songs I haven't heard of in a long while. It brought up some great memories.Prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a lot of Ronnie Millsaps songs. I hope things work out and life settles down for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce. It does get old when everything in life requires crisis coping strategies. God is faithful through it all, but I'm ready for more joy and sanity on a regular basis.

      Delete
  3. It's a good thing that we don't have a Sonic nearby. We would go there more often than we should. I hope your life settles down soon. God is faithful...ALWAYS! He's never let SWMBO and me down. (SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed-Is what I call my beloved wife in case you were wondering.) Thanks for visiting my blog page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome.

      Yes, His faithfulness in the midst of my seemingly endless crises amazes me. Like I say, God is good...even when we're not.

      Delete