Monday, May 18, 2015

Cornrows: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Monday, May 18, 2015
 

Outside my window … 

Sunday's view from my hotel window:  Sunset over Tulsa OK


I am thinking...   Oh man, my head is on overload.  Let's see:
  • I'm thinking about one of the devotionals I'm reading.  Years ago, I attempted to read My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers, but I gave up before I finished it.  I'm not sure why I gave up then, but I'm almost ready to quit reading it now.  While Morning By Morning by Charles Spurgeon has been a delightful daily read, Chambers' readings are getting harder to stomach.  He seems very harsh and graceless.  The first couple of months of entries were great, but now I begin my daily reading hoping it will get better.  So far, it hasn't.
  • I'm thinking about all that was crammed into my head this weekend and how to not go home to everything being the same.  I have changed and things must change with it.
I am thankful...  for the opportunity to experience the Journey Training.  I'm thankful for all the new friends I've made.  It's amazing how more than 30 people fell in love and became forever friends over a weekend.  This training was intense but so worth it.

In the kitchen...  Not a thing.
 
From the Workshop...  

I got a lot of crocheting done on the road.  It may not look like much, but the corner piece is 36 squares, the middle piece will be 48 squares, plus I started making baby booties out of some of the leftovers.  I finally have my purpose for this blanket.  Until I'm finished, it's a secret.  My goal is to finish it by the end of the week.
 
I am reading...   I'm about 1/3 of the way through The Blessing of the Lord.  I've been reading it between crochet sessions.  I was given a couple more books this weekend to add to the shelf:
 
 
I am looking forward to...  Going home and getting some rest.  I'm looking forward to finding to good job.  I'm looking forward to coming back to Tulsa in June for the second.

I am learning…   so much about myself.  As I process what I've learned this weekend, I'll be able to more succinctly share it. 
 
Around the house...  Not a thing.
 
A favorite quote for today...  From the Journey Training:  "Watch the cornrows!"
 
One of my favorite things...  Making new friends.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Rest and processing what I've learned.

A peek into my days...

Tuesday:  Got in 11 miles on the trail before I headed off to OK.



















The night view from the hotel Thursday night. 
After 11 hours on the road, this was wonderful to see.


One of the facilitators at the Journey Training was Danny Cahill, winner of  Biggest Loser season 8.  I've met me a new brother in bass.  We need to jam when I come back in June for the next part of the training.

And now for something totally different...  

 
At a stop in Arkansas on the way to the conference, we saw something absolutely crazy.  Across from the Exxon station where we fueled up was a series of trailers that looked like train box cars with the word "Motel" printed on them.  Now, you KNOW what those were for.  We affectionately referred to them as "Hoochie Boxes."  Yeah, even the "generic" gas station they were next to looked creepy.

From Twitter:  @HonestToddler tweeted: "Anthropologie is like if Instagram and Etsy had a baby and named it $800."

From Twitter:  @GregBQuotes tweeted:  "I love when the music's playin' they keep comin' back and goin' 'Your call's very important to us…' while your waiting for…hours."

From Twitter:  @bgrhubarb tweeted:  ""Dance like nobody's watching, and never give your money to a cat."- Craig Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment