Sunday, March 1, 2015

Live Long and Prosper: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, March 1, 2015
 

Outside my window … The first day of meteorological spring looks dreary and not spring like at all.

I am thinking... about things I can't write about here. 

I am thankful... that the week is over.  It wasn't the best of weeks.  So, let's try this again.

In the kitchen...  I'm at that point again where no matter what I eat, it's wrong.  I don't know what to eat anymore.
 
I am creating... I'll be heading back to the Workshop this week.  I took the month of February off to rest and regroup.  My business wasn't very successful last year, so I'm hoping this reprieve has stirred up some better ideas.

I am going...  to try harder.
 
I am wondering... If I should stop doing the Five Minute Friday posts.  I haven't done one for a while because the word prompts seem to bring out more pessimistic depressing writing from me; longing for things I cannot have or remembering things I wish I could forget.  No, I'm not blaming the word choice; I can make it whatever I want.  I'm simply saying that my mind isn't going in the right direction with them.  Yes, it's cathartic for me but may not be adding value to the reader.
 
I am reading... I finished The Daniel Plan.  See my review here.  This week, I plan to read The Interceding Christian by Kenneth E. Hagin (part of my correspondence course curriculum) and start The Blessing of the Lord by Kenneth Copeland (I may be in this one a while).
 
I am hoping... to have an awesome week, to have a good fun run at the 5k on Saturday.

I am looking forward to... The community band concert on Thursday.  I'm looking forward to good weather and getting out on the porch. 
 
I am learning
…  or should I say, attempting to learn, to pity those who overtly oppose my efforts to get well and make something of myself.  It's a shame that people would rather hurt others than do what it takes to help themselves.
 
Around the house...  a little straightening up and working in the workshop.
 
I am pondering...  on how to stop being a bully magnet.  Unfortunately, being an adult doesn't make it stop.
 
A favorite quote for today... 

"My folks came to U.S. as immigrants, aliens, and became citizens. I was born in Boston, a citizen, went to Hollywood and became an alien." - Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)

One of my favorite things... Star Trek.  I became a fan of Next Generation in college.  That led to my "discovering" the original series.  I liked Deep Space Nine, but got tired of Chakotay getting naked in Voyager and never watched Enterprise (Scott Bakula?  Really?).

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Other than running a few errands and the 5k Saturday, I don't have anything spectacular planned.

A peek into my day...  It wasn't an "eating stupid for breakfast" day like last Sunday, but it was still a very hard day.  Everything was such a struggle today.  Instead of going walking like I'd planned, I went home and slept.  I've got to do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment