Wednesday, March 11, 2015

It's Like a Whole Other Country: The Weekly Hodgepodge

 Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?
Butterflies are the first thing that come to my mind.  We are almost there.  The temperatures are perfect, but it's so cloudy and rainy.  We had some sun today, but I ended up sleeping through it.
Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?
None of those really; I'm good.  I did own a Slinky as a kid.  I got bored with it thought because we didn't have any stairs to walk it down like the commercial.  When I taught preschool, we had a ball walking plastic Slinkys down the school steps.  That's the fun of a Slinky--stairs.
March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.
"Once a man shows you who he is, don't make him have to show you again." - Maya Angelou
What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?
How?  I've got so many things going on, some many things I feel like I should be doing, but have no idea how to go about it.
Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
Yes, sugar is one of my drugs of choice.  Bad press or not, my father was diabetic and I'm not interested in following in his footsteps.  The hard part is getting away from the hidden sugar in food.  The obvious sugar is the least of my worries.
Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
I'd rather get paid better for doing the work I'm already doing that I love.  I'd rather people quit asking me to do work I love, then not paying me for it.  That happened a lot last year.  Could have paid off a debt with the money I lost.
Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
No, I've not been to Texas, but I really like to go.  I once ordered the free Texas tourism guide with hopes I would get to visit the state, but never had the opportunity to go.  I want to see the Alamo and the San Antonio River Walk.  The Houston Space Center sounds like a fun trip also.
Insert your own random thought here.
This has been a rough week so far.  At least I got a painting finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment