Wednesday, December 31, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 40: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!
 

Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.
Taking Communion at our Christmas Eve service.  The way things had been going, I really didn't want to, but I'm so glad I did.
What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?
Oh gosh, I don't think I can pick one.  So many things have happened since I was born.  I came into this world during Watergate and have been through the Challenger disaster, 9/11, the O.J. Simpson trial, and most recently, the suicide of Robin Williams.  There's not just one that stands out.
The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
I really like rich reds like this.  I would like more of it in my wardrobe.  When I do have my own house, I want my dining room or kitchen and my powder room painted that color.  It's also the color of my dream vehicle.
Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.
Since I see no prospects of marriage or children, I'll have to pick ancestors by default. 
Share one life lesson learned in 2014?
Don't do life the way you've been doing it.  Try something else.
What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?
I haven't purchased much this year, so I'm not sure. 
What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?
Doing better in every way.
Insert your own random thought here. 
 
 
Wow, day 40, we actually made it.  That's something to be thankful for in itself.

I'm thankful that I can end the year with a loss...a good kind of loss.
Me and the parents of the bride.
I went to a wedding this evening.  One thing I can be thankful for is the fact that I was invited as a friend; not simply as a ride for someone else the family wanted there.  May the couple have a blessed marriage full of laughs and all that.

Happy New Year Ery'body!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment