Tuesday, December 23, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 32


Today, I can be thankful I finally found the right pattern to correct the bucket I made the other day.


Not the same pattern, but I think it's just as pretty.

There are so many good things trying to happen around me.  If I could just touch them--cram them into my heart and head, I would feel so much better.  If the dull ache of loneliness and having no gifts of value to offer to those I love would just cease to be important, I could manage.   As I get closer and closer to Christmas, I am finding less and less to be thankful for.  I really wish I could be away from the internet and away from people during the months of February, May, November, and December.  I'm tired of whole months of the year being devoted to telling people, especially women, who they are not.  My study and recovery have revealed plenty of character defects to deal with, plus others have stepped up to the plate to add to the list.  I really don't need any more.

I may devote this next year to us studying who we ARE instead of hearing a constant barrage of who we are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment