Sunday, December 21, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 30: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, December 21, 2014


Outside my window … All is dark and still on this shortest day of the year.  The good news is that now the days will slowly start getting longer.

I am thinking... over the past year to see how I can do better in 2015.

I am thankful...


I'm thankful for an awesome blessing I received today.  I'm also thankful for:

I am thankful for the opportunity to honor my dad's memory through one of the poinsettias that decorate our church for Christmas.

 
I am thankful that a small thing like pocket change can turn in to a big offering to help others and teach them about Jesus.
 
In the kitchen...  Just trying to figure out how to survive Christmas.  There's already junk in the house.

I am wearing... bedclothes.

I am creating...
Working on a couple of hats; one is a pattern I've never tried before, one I'm going to have to make up myself.  I've been watching Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day program online and have several crochet quilt ideas to go with the others I traced out earlier.

I am going...  to the thrift store to see if I can find some clothes, especially black pants.
 
I am wondering... about how love really works.

I am reading... I'm still reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, and Laugh Again by Chuck Swindoll.
 
I am hoping... beyond hope.  I am hoping to see my hopes realized so that I can have a new hope. 

I am looking forward to...
the new year.
 
I am learning
… that sometimes silence has lease.
 
Around the house... just a little tidying up.
 
I am pondering...  I'm still pondering on how to enjoy the holidays. 
 
A favorite quote for today... 

"The Gospel is only good news if it gets there on time." - Pastor Derek Staples

One of my favorite things... canned chicken noodle soup.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Subbing at the school, surviving the holiday, and creating in the workshop.

A peek into my day...  

So grateful that I have someone and something solid to believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment