Wednesday, December 17, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 26: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
I find it strange that the U.S. media didn't care about Ebola until there was a threat of the disease in our country.  As long as the disease killed Africans across the pond, nobody cared.  Let a potential case come to the States, and "OMG!"  **eyeroll**
This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home?  Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today! 
Something old:  My collection of used books.  Something new:  The tires on my car (which is a miracle from God).  Something borrowed:  Nothing borrowed is my favorite.  If hadn't borrowed myself into a hole, I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.  Something blue:  The walls of my bedroom and craft room.  After looking at paneling for almost 19 years, walls with color are still a joyous novelty.
Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?  
I'm not a fan of plain fudge, but I do like peanut butter fudge or any made with nuts. 
December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.  How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks? 
My first plane ride was in 2010, so I was 38.  I flew to California to attend my first Celebrate Recovery Summit.  I've only flown one other time since then, but I do like it.  I've not yet been to North Carolina.  I hope to do some real travel in the future.
Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
Honey, we're just happy when anyone in our family actually gets a job, let alone a career path.
What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
I must get in some miles today.  I'm nearing my mile a day goal for Anniston Runners Club and I'm chomping at the bit to finish.
This Christmas I hope___________________________________.
...to be a blessing to others and to not be sad.
Insert your own random thought here.
 
 
I'm thankful for finding humor in weird stuff. This was a picture I saw at my bank.  So, tell me what's wrong with this?  Nothing.  It's cute.  No, wrong.  yes, it is cute, but if you know basic Spanish you'll see what's wrong with it.  It's a stuffed horse saying "Hi, my name is Bull."  No, darlin', you're a caballo.  Whoever named you toro wasn't right in the head.  Well, at least his last name wasn't caca.  Let me go to bed before I get into trouble.   Buenas noches, amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment