Thursday, December 11, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 20


Well, I'm halfway through this mental fitness challenge.  I know every post hasn't been my best, but I'm still here.  That's the important thing.  I've wanted to chunk this whole thing several times, but I'm tired of starting things without finishing them.

I told a friend that I wish the holidays were already over.  Yeah, I know that's not the way to be, but it's the truth.  I know many of you don't get why this is so hard.  I wish you did, but it's OK that you don't.

My goal for the next 20 days is to keep looking for some non-family happiness that is Christmas and the start of a brand new year.  Not an easy task when I just want to curl up in my bed and stay there until January 2nd.

Thanks for the middle finger of
fellowship!
I know y'all are wondering:  "What is her problem?'  Some of it is circumstantial, which I'm working to change.  A good bit is body chemistry (tried to change it and failed).  Some of it is growing weary with the constant reminders of all that I am not (example:  this little ditty I got on Twitter today).  I think the big problem is something Rick Warren talked about in one of his podcasts.  He said that when people feel stuck and believe that things will never change no matter how hard they try, they lose hope.  Loss of hope leads to loss of joy, which leads to loss of strength (Nehemiah 8:10).  Many of my battles have been fought for years with no lasting victory, if any at all.  I continue to hope, but "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick..." (Proverbs 13:12).

Anyway, enough of that.  Today, I finished my last painting of the year for the senior dance.  I'm so thankful for this opportunity to serve.  I hope they like it.  I may make a mini version of this for hand painted cards.























And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
 
Luke 2:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment