Tuesday, December 9, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 18


I spent the first part of the morning in the dentist's chair.  It had been five years since I had a dental exam and professional cleaning, plus I'd already had a very painful filling replacement earlier this year.  I was expecting the worst, but praying for the best.  The word debridement sends shivers up my spine.  I had one at my last cleaning (yeah, the one five years ago), and OMG it hurt like heck.  Thankfully, not this time.  The hygienist had to go to the tool box, but didn't have to breakout the dental jackhammer in the closet.  Hopefully, life will improve so that I can go back to consistent dental check ups.

My second stop today was getting rid of my doughnut.  No, not the fat around my middle--that will come later.  God took good care of me and I got a new tire.  Now, to just get three more so that this doesn't happen again.


This is a photo from my teaching days.  I post it because today I substituted at my old school today.   I had the smaller kids today; the age group I'm used to.  We had a great time, glitter piles and all. 

It got me to thinking about how thankful I am for the years I spent with my Thunderbabies.  My first class of kids are adults now (YIKES!), but they still hug me when they see me.  The memory of love and friendships we established are what kept me smiling today and gave me a better day than yesterday.

I hit the gym after I left the school and saw an old friend;  the elliptical machine.  I've been walking/running on the indoor track or the Ladiga Trail for a while and hadn't taken a spin on the elliptical.  It's one of my favorite machines, but it also beats the paint off me when I use it.  I made it through two miles--something to be thankful for.  I also took a good walk on the treadmill before coming home, showering and preparing to crash into a restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment