Sunday, November 30, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 09: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, November 30, 2014


Outside my window … Dark but pleasant.

At FBC-J'ville
I am thinking... about Advent.  Earlier this week, I asked my friends if there was a "non-family" way to enjoy advent. They suggested reading devotions and making an Advent wreath. Today was the first day of Advent and I was gung-ho about trying to celebrate it alone, but after hearing our College Pastor bombard us with all the "family" things we should be doing for Advent, I tearfully gave up. 

I am thankful... That although they had enough volunteers at the church to serve Thanksgiving dinner, I had a good holiday anyway.  I'm also thankful for another great walking/ running mileage month.  I got in another 50 miles!


Today, I'm thankful:
*  For naps.
*  For some much needed peace and quiet.
*  For no practice today so I could have the above.
*  For music that keeps me sane.
*  For the privilege of donating blood (even if my veins don't cooperate.
 
My veins didn't cooperate,
but they gave me a shirt
for trying.  :)
In the kitchen...  Food has become punishment again, so I need to reboot tomorrow.  The MyFitnessPal website is keeping me from going totally crazy, but after such a good week last week, I'm frustrated with my lack of balance and focus.  Yeah, I know there's tomorrow, but I don't want to tomorrow myself to death--literally.

I am wearing... bedclothes.
 

I am creating...
 I'm in the home stretch of a Heidi Bears pattern for a frog.  I can't wait to show you.  I'm also finishing up some orders from the Workshop including this Elf Christmas Tree Skirt.


I am going...  Nowhere but back to sleep soon.
 
I am wondering... about my emotional level.  Things are depressing me and sending me to the tissue box more easily than before.  I'm also more angry and pessimistic than I've been in a long time.  I don't like this at all.  I'm sure it's pent up emotions from past stuff, but I thought I'd dealt with all that crap.  Most of my anger is direct at myself, but I'm always with me so...  SighWill I ever stop being a basket case?

I am reading...  Front Porch Tales by Philip Gulley.  The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, and Laugh Again by Chuck Swindoll.
 
I am hoping... for help, health, and sanity.  I'm hoping for a good week and all that it means.  I'm hoping for some face-to-face fellowship time with people this week.  I'm hoping to get all my projects finished so I can take some more time off.  I want to be fresh for the new year.  I hope to finish my Mile A Day challenge for Anniston Runner's Club.  I only have 33 miles to go!

I am looking forward to...
the lighting on the square in Jacksonville.  The community band is playing, so we should have a great time.  There's also no rain in the forecast!
 
I am learning
… that in friendship, if you are the one who must always acquiesce or compromise, your friend isn't a friend; he/she is a bully.

Around the house... Getting my room ready to be workout central this winter.
 
I am pondering...  on the devotional I'm doing.  I've attempted to read The Purpose Driven Life several times, but never finished.  I'm determined to concentrate, answer the questions, and actually finish this.  it's hard though.  Many of the questions that should bring me joy to answer and improve on aren't.  I'm feeling more overwhelmed, stressed, and depressed.  Good grief, Charlie Brown!
 
A favorite quote for today... 

Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer!

"Listening to someone complain about her husband not putting up their Christmas tree yet. Apparently, both of her arms are broken. "  - Me

"[Today] if somebody says something to you about how much you're eating or 'Ooh, what happened to your diet?' PUNCH THEM IN THE THROAT." - Daniel and Kelly from FitnessBlender.com

One of my favorite things... Craft videos on YouTube.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Playing at the Lighting on the Square tomorrow.  Substituting at JCA Tuesday.  Hopefully getting in a lot of outside walks and bike rides.  This week is supposed to be fabulous.

A peek into my day...  I hope no one on earth is having to go through the mental hell I'm going through right now.  May God somehow use this to help someone else, it nothing else, but to show them how NOT to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment