Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Meltdown Challenge: Day 09

 
Well, woke up to my challenge for the week.  The "Week of Woman" began today.  Oh, joy of all joys (do you smell the sarcasm?).  This is one time I'm grateful for nausea.  Otherwise, I'd pour sugar on soap and eat it.  Why doesn't Progesterone and Estrogen like broccoli instead of ice cream and pizza? 

I worked in the workshop a couple of hours and had to lie down and sleep for several hours.  I've decided that although it's very inconvenient, not to mention frustrating, when my body is demanding rest, I'm just going to have to give it instead of fight against it.  Fighting it only makes it worse.  I feel so lazy when I do that.

One way to earn points in the challenge is to drink 80 ounces of water a day.  I've only managed to do that twice.  I have to stop drinking by around 8:00 p.m. or I'm up in the potty all night.  One of the readings we did today said that the body needs plenty of new water to function or it will recycle dirty water throughout my system.  So my body is pretty much like a commode; if I don't keep it flushed with new water, I'll be full of nasty toilet water.  Yuck!

Got in 2 miles at the Community Center after band practice tonight.  I even did a little running.  I lose a few more pounds and my running mojo will be cranked up again.

Well, on to Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment