Monday, October 13, 2014

Meltdown Challenge: Day 08


Weighed in this morning.  And drumroll please....









Down four pounds!  Praise the Lord!

Praying for a better week so I can repeat these results.

Ok, I was so tired yesterday that I left some unfinished business...

I expressed my concerns about the inconsistencies with the website.  I thought naïvely that the people in charge would take a look at the issues and discrepancies with the website, or at least acknowledge them.  Who am I kidding?  Instead of working on their end, they accused me of "focusing to much on the money."  Money?  Oh, yeah, I left out that part of the challenge; each contestant throws the same amount into a money pool.  All who succeed at the challenge win money.  I left it out because I don't care about that part.  You see, a friend suggested I participate and knowing my financial situation, she had a benefactor lined up to take care of the money side.  So when I succeed, my prize is the weight loss and information.  Any money I win goes into the benefactor's PayPal account; I'll never see it.

I just silently let them rant on because my situation is really none of their business.  I take their non-caring attitude to mean that they may have this set up for who they want to win.  I have to find a way to use this as a motivation (being pissed off enough to win) instead of an excuse to way, "Well, screw it!"

I forgot to mention the food pushers at the reception.  I got my plate and enjoyed eating and talking to my tablemates.  One of the ladies comes up to me and says, "Honey, did you get you something to eat?"  I answered in the affirmative.  She turns up her nose at my plate and says, "Well you certainly didn't get very much."   **face palm**

The horrible news I got Saturday has been resolved and I am safe.  Thank you, Jesus!  No other words are needed.

...Now, on to today...

Today's challenge focus is on really paying attention to serving size.  The calorie count on the package may not be for the entire package.  I have to pay attention to how many servings are in a package.  For example, when I'm out running errands and feeling a little puckish, I usually buy a Gatorade and a small bag of mixed nuts (Almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts, and cashews).  Healthy, right?   Riiight-- until I realized that the package wasn't one serving, it was three! At 170 calories a serving, this tiny package of nutty goodness is 510 calories!  I could have had a Big Mac! 

Our weekly webinar was about losing your quit.  As I said at the beginning of this process, I was working on not waiting, but taking initiative.  The problem is, I need to lose my quit.  I quit when I take initiative but seem to get nowhere.  I quit when I'm overwhelmed by situations.  I quit when I'm alone too much.  I quit when I'm tired.  I quit when I'm depressed.  How do I lose my quit in those things.

Got in another good walk at the park with CM.  I'm having a hard time with the gravel path though.  After a long walk on that uneven surface, I feel like I've been beaten up.  We're getting on the paved trail tomorrow.  May even run a little bit.

Finally got in all my water soon enough so I'm not going to be up peeing all night.  ** legs crossed **

So, let's see how awesome tomorrow will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment