Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Meltdown Challenge: Day 02


Day two is not starting out well.  I've got a headache, a drippy nose, and a queasy tummy.  Oh, joy.  I'll assume it's the weather.  It's not time for the "week of woman" yet, and if I get another sinus infection, I'm taking somebody out!  Never again.

One of the neat things this challenge does is make watching videos on proper exercise form a daily part of the process.  This is great for those who are new to exercise, and new versions of typical exercises are encouraging.  This was today's video:


This morning, I had a fun 3 mile walk with my niece CM, but my head is still pounding.  May have to take a nap.

Just had my roommate (a 76 year old, diabetic, great grandma) tell me I was "missing out" because I didn't want any of the biscuits she made.  It took me four tries to get her to understand the word "no." Plus, I told her before she even made them that I didn't want any.  She a great friend and a hoot to live with, but she's a food pusher of epic proportions.  She attempting to sabotage me without malice.  Older Southern women don't know how to show love any other way but food.  (Separate blog about that here)  I think she's going to be one of my biggest temptations.  It's like a drug addict living with a crack dealer.  I'm not talking behind her back; I've told her this to her face.  She just smiles and asks me if I want a cookie.  Bless her heart.

So after my nap...

Went to the track and did a mile. Felt pretty good.  Though there was couple there walking on the track the wrong way.  I tried giving them the stinky eye, but it didn't work.  Here's your sign...read it!

Not a bad day, but not a good one either.  I didn't get all my water in, and I hardly ate anything.

I do what I can and don't worry about what I can't.

Oh great, it's 10 p.m., my headache is  now gone and I'm finally hungry just in time to go to bed.

Good night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment