Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Little Birdie Told Me: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!
 

My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
No, there aren't any hunters in my family.  However, I wish someone would teach me the hunting rules and how to shoot properly so I could go on a guided hunt. I've eaten venison off and on and I really like it.  I would enjoy killing my own prize buck.  And yes, I would have the head mounted and hang it prominently in my home. I've not eaten any of the other game listed, but I'm willing to try them.
What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
Mount Cheaha in Talladega, Alabama.  It is the highest point in the state of Alabama.  I want to go back there and take pictures.  The view is spectacular.
Painting by me.
Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
No, but my roommate loves hummingbirds.  She has pictures and knickknacks of her "hummies."
Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?
These idioms always throw me.  If you mean multitasking, I do that off an on during the day.
Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
The Bird - by Morris Day and the Time.  Eagle's Wings by Eugene Gregory.  Couldn't find either one on YouTube.  Sorry.
What most recently gave you goose bumps?
Having a fever during Snot Watch 2014.
Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
Nope.  Never had a memorable costume, but I did trick or treat as a child.
Insert your own random thought here.
On Halloween:  "Trick or treating?  HA!  Let's call it what it is; BEGGING!"  - Bill Cosby, The Cosby Show.

1 comment: