|Go over to http://f.riday5.com/ for the weekly prompts.|
NOTE: The original Friday 5 website gave questions based on Bruce Springsteen lyrics this week (WTC?!). The only Springsteen song I remotely like is Glory Days, but it's never-ending ending gets on my nerves. So I chose to find another source for this week's questions. These questions came from http://thefridayfive.livejournal.com/
Recommend one and give a reason for each choice:
- Book: Are you kidding? You want me to recommend ONE book? No way! Of course I recommend The Bible, but that's a given. Some other books I recommend: Ester Reid by Isabella McDonald Alden, So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore, and Bamboo and Lace by Lori Wick.
- College/University/Personal Interest course - My alma mater, Jacksonville State University. My favorite SEC college, the University of Alabama (Roll Tide!). Personal interest course? I would recommend any of the arts (art, music, mass communication, language arts, etc) from JSU. I've taken courses in all of those departments and they are first rate. Some of the professors are as crazy as an outhouse rat, but overall, they are top notch.
- Song - Again, how in the world and I going to chose ONE?! Let's see: Trading My Sorrows by Darrel Evans, Your Grace is Enough by Chris Tomlin, You Told Me by the Monkees, Happy by Pharrel Williams, and Tacky by Weird Al Yankovic. Was going to post the YouTube videos for these songs in case you hadn't heard them, but Blogger and it's infinite wisdom and knowledge will not let you interrupt a numbered list and resume it. Who do they think they are, Microsoft Word? **rolls eyes**
- Web Site - YouTube, obviously.
- Something of your choosing (ie- author, video game, food, movie, etc) - Hmm. I've already talked about authors and books. Let's see. I'll recommend a couple of radio shows: The Rick and Bubba Show, and The Dave Ramsey Show. I do not agree 100% with what each presents, but there is so much more to like than dislike.