|Go over to http://f.riday5.com/ for the weekly prompts.|
This week's questions were about out favorite vegetables.
- What’s your favorite tomato thing? That's a toughie. I enjoy tomatoes in so many different ways: on salads, on sandwiches, in pasta sauce and salsa. My favorite quote about tomatoes is from Miles Kington: "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
- What’s your favorite celery thing? My mother's cornbread dressing. I only get to eat it twice a year and it's best use for celery (other than compost).
- What’s your favorite broccoli thing? My favorite healthy broccoli thing is a broccoli stir fry with chicken and other veggies. My favorite unhealthy use for broccoli is a big hot bowl of homemade broccoli cheese soup. Good thing I don't know how to make it myself or I'd weigh 5000 pounds. :)
- What’s your favorite eggplant thing? I've never eaten eggplant and don't know how to prepare it, so I don't know if I would even like it. I've heard they are very bitter.
- What’s your favorite spinach thing? Spinach is my salad base instead of lettuce most of the time. I also really enjoy it wilted and added to my "hot mess" omelet.