Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tacky: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, July 28, 2014

Outside my window … The beautiful hot sky of an afternoon wasted in bed.

Praising God for…  Pastor's good sermon this morning. 
 
In prayer for...  The church's financial project for an orphanage in Honduras.  We send a medical mission team there every summer.  This year, they showed photos from a visit to an orphanage.  The church is gathering funds to buy needed supplies like diapers and baby formula.  Our willingness to help this place made me want to go to Honduras with the team next year if at all possible.

I am thinking... about one of the songs we played at church this morning:


I am thankful... for the chance to sit with our drummer and guitar player and just powwow.  Our worship team and choir needs more fellowships social gatherings.  We really get to know each other and grow as a family that way.
 
In the kitchen...  Leftovers.

I am wearing... Shorts and a tank top.

I am creating...
 Christmas ornaments for my Christmas in July sale, a painting, a couple of WIP's.
 
I am going... Last night my plans for today were to go to church, to the gym, to worship team practice then for a much needed bike ride.  I got up this morning feeling horrible, but I did make it through church.  I went home, and I've been in bed ever since.  No workouts, no practice, no bike ride.  I'm so aggravated at myself I could cuss.
 
I am wondering... about why I'm not feeling well again.
 
I am reading... I'm still reading the book So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore, plus I'm reading some fitness magazines a friend gave me.

I am hoping...
for a better week, for some guidance on this inner turmoil I've been dealing with, for my Friday speaking gig at Celebrate Recovery to go well, for more craft sales.

I am looking forward to...
total health--inside and out.
 
I am learning
… that though remembering the past helps me deal with now, it's a very painful, sometimes debilitating process.  I wish I had more good things to remember than bad ones, but I made this mess; I have to live with the results of it.

Around the house... Resting for now.  Hopefully will get the front porch prettied up and the car washed this week.
 
I am pondering...  how long I have before I totally screw up God's plan for my life.
 
A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things... Weird Al Yankovic's music.


A few plans for the rest of the week:   Working in the workshop, Sav-A-Life on Tuesday, Celebrate Recovery on Friday, hopefully finishing the Beth Moore book and starting a new book. 

A peek into my day...  I'm in bed, so I don't think you want to see that.  I look and feel a hot mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment