Thursday, May 8, 2014

Concerts and Recitals [30 Day Photo Blog]

Today was my library day.  I returned a book that I've been trying to read for more than a month now.  I went to try to recheck it and had checked it out the maximum number of times.  I can go back and get it tomorrow, but with all this moving and rearrange I'm doing, I decided to let it go until I'm settled enough to sit down and read.  This is frustrating.  I love to read, and I've only finished one book so far this year.  Maybe in a week or two I can get back to it.  The rest of the day was full of running errands, working on clearing out the apartment, bringing even more stuff to Cedar Springs, and relaxing my hair (bye-bye Brillo pad).

The sanctuary of the First United Methodist Church
of Anniston was the venue of the concert.  Pretty.
Tonight I attended a choral/music concert with my friend Sue.  Her great grandson, Caleb (Mikki's son) is a bass in the choir.  The variety of the concert reminded me of my college days.  At one point, I was a music major--until I figured out it would take less years to become a brain surgeon that to get a music degree at JSU (no, my degree isn't in brain surgery either).  Anyway, during that time, I took a class called "Concerts and Recitals."  All you had to do for this class was to attend a certain number of performances in the music building.  Like the recitals I attended or played in, this concert had a variety of instrumental solos (from classical violin to a jazz infused piano piece that was off the chain), and a diverse collection of choral pieces (my favorites were Lightning and Yellow Submarine).  It was great.  After sitting on it for over two hours (choral director wouldn't shut up at the end--have mercy), we took pictures and got goofy.  All in all a good day, but a tiring one.

Mikki and I

No comments:

Post a Comment