Wednesday, April 9, 2014

It's Raining Pecans: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge questions.


April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
I'm not sure what constitutes showering attention or having attention showered, so I guess I'd have to answer no on both accounts.
Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
Don't really have any that I can think of.
It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
Oh yes, I like pecans.  I like to put them in banana nut bread.  I like pecan pie.  I like butter pecan ice cream.  I like to just eat raw pecans too.
'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
None of these.  Man, I'm really doing badly at this hodgepodge.  :(
In my experience___________________________________.
Music is a universal language.
What's a  favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
  • Holy Spirit Rain Down by Alvin Slaughter
  • It's Beginning to Rain. (We sang that one at my home church years ago)
  • Purple Rain by Prince
What does the word hope mean to you?
Hope is what keeps me from giving up.  Not to sound like a cliché, but hope is what keeps me alive.  The Bible says that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).  Hope in God is the pathway to real faith in God and His Word.  Any time I start to feel hopeless, I know I'm in trouble.
Insert your own random thought here.
I'm in the throws of this month's A-Z blog challenge, so if you feel like reading more of my ramblings, please feel free.  Thanks, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment