Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Little Drummer Boy: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.


Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.
My makeshift advent wreath
Last year was the first time I'd ever been a part of a church-wide Advent celebration.  This year is the first time I've attempted Advent celebrations at home.  I love the idea, but honestly don't get it yet.  I've read how this practice is a great time of joyous spiritual renewal, but I'm not feeling it.  Maybe for it to be successful, it must be a "family" thing.  Oh well.  I am enjoying reading the prophesies of the coming Messiah and the New Testament accounts of His birth.
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?
None of them really.
What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?
Too loud, definitely.  Haven't had much of either, thank goodness.
This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo! When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do?  If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?
I don't know if I have administrative gifts or not.  I've not been given the opportunity to find out.  Anytime I've been in a leadership type role, those who know they are such gifted overran any opportunities I had to assert myself or be a part of the decision making process.  So, I just kind of go along to get along now.  It's like this, don't tell me I'm a vital leader in your business/ organization then take away any power I would have to be a leader.
What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?
I don't really have a certain task I dread.  I've been fighting the urge to dread the Christmas season all together.  I love Who Christmas is about and what Christmas is about.  The dread is about wanting to bless and share and feeling thoroughly inadequate to do so.  So, once again I say, maybe next year I'll have myself together. 
Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013.' Pope Francis took the number one spot.  Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)
I'm always suspect of these kinds of lists, especially when these topics were barely mentioned (if mentioned at all) by my Facebook friends.  Where's the Iron Bowl?  Where's all the gripes about the formatting changes made by Facebook (of course THEY are not going to mention that)?  Nah, I put no stock in it at all.
What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?
Good athletic shoes.  If I'm going to continue in my quest for health, I have to have good shoes that have good shock absorption and protect my feet from injury.  Long live New Balance! 
Insert your own random thought here.
Little drummer boy...the way it should be played...with DRUMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment