Friday, October 18, 2013

Five MInute Friday: "Laundry"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
Five Minute Friday
GO!

I've always joking said that laundry was my favorite sport.  It's not.  I really don't understand how a person who lives alone can produce so many dirty clothes.  Maybe that's a good thing.  It proves that I don't hang around the house in my robe or "nekkid" all the time.  Having laundry to do proves that I'm productive and that I do like to keep things clean. 

When I get my own house, having a clothesline is on my "haves" list.  The clothesline in the back yard is one of the things I like about my apartment.  There's just something about hanging laundry.  Yes, I know a dryer is faster and I use mine a lot.  But pegging out laundry on the line gives me a sense of...a sense of...oh I don't know, I just feel like one of those hard working pioneer women I read about in Janette Oke and Lori Wick novels.

Doing laundry also reminds me of how far I've come in my health journey.  You knew I was getting to that, so don't act surprised.  I was so happy when I got out of the 3 x's.  Now, I'm trying to wrap my mind around being in an XL.  Yes, I know that's still too big, but it's progress. 

TIMES UP!

6 comments:

  1. I love to hang my clothes on the line too! May you continue to be blessed on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the weight loss. what a neat thing to be able to see as you do your laundry. i LOVE using a line as well! well... when the weather is nice. the dryer is a huge blessing during a michigan winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have met you, Auntie. I'm on a weight loss journey too.

    I so agree with your feeling of accomplishment on hanging laundry on the line. I always feel like a pioneer woman, too, when pegging clothes on a line. I also feel frugal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, Jerralea. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete