Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Good Kind of Crazy: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Sunday, August 11, 2013

Outside my window …  hot, humid, but beautifully sunny and bright.

I am thinking...  about football season. 

I am thankful...
for the blood of Christ. I'm thankful that my nephew, George, turned 30 today.

In the kitchen...
 Nothing.

I am wearing...
black pants and a tank top.

I am creating...
Really trying to finish this crochet top.  The person who wrote the pattern was smoking Extra Strength Crack.  Geez.
 
I am going... Nowhere today.  I’ve been out of the cave already today.

I am wondering... about whether my skin is going to bounce back after all this weight is finally gone, or am I going to have to set up a 5k race fundraiser to pay to surgically put stuff back where it goes (or where it never was in the first place). 

I am reading...
if I ever finish this crochet project, I’m going to read The Art of Prayer by Kenneth Hagin.

I am hoping...
that I can get back to running 5k’s soon. 

I am looking forward to...
a good week. 

I am learning
… strategies for how to fight depression.  It’s not easy, but it’s working.

Around the house... Finishing up a few things.

I am pondering...   on the coming fall and winter and how to handle them.  Since the weather will be cooler, I want to find ways of getting out of the house more and getting fresh air.  Again, I’ll have the frustration of people telling me I shouldn’t do things alone, but then being totally unavailable to do anything, or worse, be downright bouge'.  I’ll just have to take care of myself and take the risk.  I’m also thinking of taking my solo ride on the interstate the first Saturday of September, but I’ll let you know.

A favorite quote for today... "[Margaret] Thatcher was famous for saying, 'If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.' Now that's true, but I would like to add; if you want absolutely nothing said or done, ask a CAT." – Craig Ferguson
 
One of my favorite things... good comedians.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Not really sure.  I’m just going to take it one day at a time.

A peek into my day...  It’s been one of those days. 


If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment