Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mopping Up Peaches in the Sunset: The Weekly Hodgepodge.


The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
Learn to do things from start to finish, one thing at a time.  I joke about having A.D.D. tendencies, but I do tend to start more than one book and more than one craft project at a time.  This leaves me feeling overwhelmed and in a hurry.  Or, if I don't finish in a reasonable amount of time, I feel like a lazy failure.
It is also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What's your pleasure?
Actually, I like nectarines more than peaches.  BTW--what the heck is Bellini?
Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree, explain.
It depends.  Does she mean something dangerously frightening?  Then no.  Does she mean something I've never done before (that won't get me or someone else killed)?  Sure.
What's your favorite household chore?  Yes, you have to pick one.
Mopping (when I do it).
Fodor's recently listed(what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America.  Click here to read more or see pretty pictures, but this is their list:

Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara, CA;  Mount Haleakala in Maui, HI;  Old Fort Marcy in Santa Fe, NM;  Laguna Beach, CA;  Hopi Point in Grand Canyon, AZ;  Four Seasons in Miami, FL;  Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, CA;  Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard, MA; Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City, UT;  and Mallory Square in Key West, FL.


Have you seen the sunset from any of these spots?  If you could choose to watch the sunset from one of the spots on Fodor's list, which would you choose?  Where is the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
I haven't traveled much, so no.  Wait, I forgot I'd been to Laguna Beach, but it wasn't at sunset.  Of course, I'd love to see the sunset from the Santa Monica Pier in California.  I've never just sat and watched a sunrise or a sunset.  Maybe I should start doing that.
What's your favorite or most used app?  If you don't use apps, how about your favorite or most visited website?
I don't use apps.  My most visited websites are Facebook and YouTube.
We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
I'll be glad when this is over.
Insert your own random thought.

I've been thinking about possible blog posts:
  • Does this need to be said?  - Things not so PC that have been swilling around in my mind.
  • My recovery heroes. 
  • The darkness and the light. - Kicking depression in the nuts!
  • Why Rick and Bubba may be bad for my health.
  • The "information" superhighway?  Who writes this crap?
  • A book review of 9 things you simply must do by Dr. Henry Cloud.
  • Party of one. - Why I think the Church in general needs to rethink it's view of single adults. Why I think motherhood out of wedlock is more honored than purity and why this sends the message of "shacking up for Jesus."
Weekly hodgepodge questions provided by http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment